Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Here We Go!

Post number one, and my excitement is tangible!
I suppose an introduction is in order.

I've been knitting since I was a little, little girl, when my grandmother taught me how to do basic knitting and purling, and I tried to make clothes for my barbies with basic, worsted-weight acrylic yarn and something like size 8 needles. Needless to say, it was all very rough, and my attention span was so short that my knitting was never more than maybe 10 - 20 rows.
I'd like to think I have significantly progressed from that point in my life, though I am still victim to a short attention span to a project I don't love.

I went through a long period of non-knitting, and only recently started up again, for reasons I cannot remember. I jumped right into the deep end, bought a 35 dollar skein of Handmaiden Sea Silk, and knitted up a beautiful lace scarf. I took it to school, I knitted in class... And I was hooked.
I discovered Ravelry through some obsessive knitting-related web searching, and have been hooked ever since. (:

Since that first scarf, I haven't been all that productive. I've been trying to knit socks out of some Araucania Ranco Solid that I have, and have already gone through two patterns. (I'm in the process of frogging the second attempt this very moment. A half ripped sock is in my lap.)

But I do love knitting, and have big plans to knit a couple of sweaters... A nice, light one for myself, and then a heavier one for my daddy for Christmas... It will take me a while, so I've started thinking about it now! :D

I'm off to keep ripping, now.
Ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns